Top Ten Little Things I Am Thankful For This Year
Top Ten Things I am Thankful for this Year
Not to steal any thunder from David Letterman, or I should say his writers since they write these lists, but in honor of Thanksgiving, here is my top ten list.
I am generally speaking a pretty thankful person for the big stuff anyway, and tell God as much every so often. I regularly appreciate all of my blessings. But sometimes, it’s the little things that make us thankful too.
So without further ado:
10. I am thankful that the heretofore out-of-commission bridge to the local grocery store is finally repaired so I don’t have to go three whole blocks out of my way and deal with a traffic light on quick runs there.
9. I am thankful that I am spending Black Friday morning at a hotel instead fighting the masses at the crowded malls, setting up a hospitality suite for a friend’s daughter who is getting married this weekend.
8. I am thankful for finding my kindergarten photo on Facebook. I don’t have many of my milestone photographs, and now having this one means a lot to me.
7. I am so thankful for all the random people who regularly come up to me to tell me how much they enjoy reading my blog and my writing. I do it for all of you! (okay, well for me too)
6. I am thankful the baby of the family will be finally off the payroll in T-minus 3 weeks as she gets her master’s degree and has a job to go to.
5. I am not only thankful for my excellent health, but considering the past year, for my bionic body.
4. I am thankful for DVR’s. They sure help a person with television A.D.D. and this year I can avoid all of the holiday commercials that they start showing ad nauseum. (pun, get it?)
3. I am thankful to have homework once again – it makes me feel like a kid again. (TOTALLY FACETIOUS in case you didn’t get that!)
2. I am thankful for MANY of my “As Seen on TV” products, but not yet the “Eggies.” Haven’t unwrapped them yet and I am hearing mixed reviews even though I know the inventor.
1. I am thankful for my family, friends, my poodle, community, city, (Balmy Thanksgiving anyone? TY HOUSTON!) country, readers, acquaintances, Sophia Grace, and too many other things to start listing. This is only a top ten list after all.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!
grateful for you and your actionable loving……..https://thepmteamblog.com/?p=1428
i’m thankful for the poodle and sophia grace as well. and my job. and you!
loved this list.
You know what I’m most thankful for? In all seriousness? My top ten movie list! I’ve seen such gems!
Oh, and Woodloch Pines. I’m always grateful that they’re still in a booming business in this economy and we get to go twice a year.