Top Ten Little Things I Am Thankful For This Year
Top Ten Things I am Thankful for this Year
Not to steal any thunder from David Letterman, or I should say his writers since they write these lists, but in honor of Thanksgiving, here is my top ten list.
I am generally speaking a pretty thankful person for the big stuff anyway, and tell God as much every so often. I regularly appreciate all of my blessings. But sometimes, it’s the little things that make us thankful too.
So without further ado:
10. I am thankful that the heretofore out-of-commission bridge to the local grocery store is finally repaired so I don’t have to go three whole blocks out of my way and deal with a traffic light on quick runs there.
9. I am thankful that I am spending Black Friday morning at a hotel instead fighting the masses at the crowded malls, setting up a hospitality suite for a friend’s daughter who is getting married this weekend.
8. I am thankful for finding my kindergarten photo on Facebook. I don’t have many of my milestone photographs, and now having this one means a lot to me.
7. I am so thankful for all the random people who regularly come up to me to tell me how much they enjoy reading my blog and my writing. I do it for all of you! (okay, well for me too)
6. I am thankful the baby of the family will be finally off the payroll in T-minus 3 weeks as she gets her master’s degree and has a job to go to.
5. I am not only thankful for my excellent health, but considering the past year, for my bionic body.
4. I am thankful for DVR’s. They sure help a person with television A.D.D. and this year I can avoid all of the holiday commercials that they start showing ad nauseum. (pun, get it?)
3. I am thankful to have homework once again – it makes me feel like a kid again. (TOTALLY FACETIOUS in case you didn’t get that!)
2. I am thankful for MANY of my “As Seen on TV” products, but not yet the “Eggies.” Haven’t unwrapped them yet and I am hearing mixed reviews even though I know the inventor.
1. I am thankful for my family, friends, my poodle, community, city, (Balmy Thanksgiving anyone? TY HOUSTON!) country, readers, acquaintances, Sophia Grace, and too many other things to start listing. This is only a top ten list after all.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!